TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Your participation in this Competition constitutes your deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
- The Promoter (the ‘Department of Economic Development, Jobs, Transport and Resources’ or ‘the Department’) reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and to disqualify any entrant who submits an entry that tampers with the entry process or is not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
In order to constitute a valid entry into the Competition, entrants must submit:
- in 200 words or less, tell us how attending a Small Business Festival event helped you kick-start or grow your small business
- include your name, business name, business address, and a contact number
- email your submission to firstname.lastname@example.org before for the chance to be considered
To be eligible:
- Your small business must be based in Victoria with no more than 19 employees.
- Entry to the Competition is limited to one entry per person.
- Incomplete, indecipherable, inappropriate or illegible entries will be deemed invalid.
- The Competition commences on Thursday 28 June 2018 at 2:00 pm AEST and closes at 5:00pm AEST on Thursday 5 July 2018.
- The winner will be determined by their response to the question ‘how attending a Small Business Festival event helped you kick-start or grow business your small business’
- The winner will be determined by a panel of judges from Small Business Victoria and Think HQ, the public relations agency responsible for profiling the winning business
- The winner agrees to participate in a telephone interview with Think HQ and have professional photographs taken of themselves and their business to be pitched to media.
- Additional media enquiries may be required, and the winner must make themselves available at a agreed time to answer these questions
The prize for the winner is:
- 1 x Apple iPad 32GB valued at A$469 for the 9.7-inch;
- 1 x Apple Pencil valued at $145
- photographed by a professional photographer and be given access to these photographs
- profiled as a Small Business Champion to local media
- A prize of professional photography and access to the images plus profiling the small business to local media may be granted to subsequent 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th places at the discretion of Small Business Victoria. This decision will be based of the quality of their response to the question.
- The prize winner will be notified by phone, and their name will be published by Friday 13 July 2018 on the Small Business Festival Victoria social media pages and website. The Promoter’s decision is final and conclusive.
- If the winner does not claim the prize, the second place entrant will awarded the prize on Monday 16 July 2018, but this is subject to change.
- If this Competition is interfered with in any way, or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law: (a) to disqualify any entrant; or (b) to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the Competition, as appropriate.
- The name of the winner may be published and the winner shall participate in any publicity activities regarding the Competition if requested by the Promoter.
- The Promoter may, at its discretion, disqualify an entrant whether before or after a draw if the entrant is from the same business, household or family of another winner of Small Business Festival Victoria or a related competition.
- The prize will be deemed unclaimed if it is not collected as and when directed by the Promoter.
- The use of any automated entry software, or any other mechanical or electronic means that allows an entrant to automatically enter the Competition repeatedly, is prohibited and will render all entries submitted by that entrant invalid.
- any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control);
- any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference;
- any entry, prize, or claim for a prize that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether before or after receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter;
- any variation in prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions;
- any tax liability (including FBT) incurred by a winner or entrant; and
- use of the prize.
- Except for any liability that cannot be excluded by law, the Promoter (including its officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence) for any personal injury or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity) whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the Competition, including, but not limited to the following:
- Small Business Festival Victoria Newsletter application can be found online at: http://festival.business.vic.gov.au
- The Promoter is the Department of Economic Development, Jobs, Transport and Resources, located at 121 Exhibition Street, Melbourne, Victoria, 3000. ABN 69 981 208 782. © Copyright DEDJTR 2018.
- Employees of the Promoter are not eligible to enter this Competition.